Updated 9.4.19 at 8:00am
Below is an updated list of local closures. If you have a closure to announce or have added to the website, or an update, please email Mandy Edwards to let us know.
From Bulloch County Schools:
“Hurricane Dorian – Tuesday, Sept. 3, 5 p.m. Update:
All of our schools will be closed on Wednesday, Sept. 4, for employees and students. All after school sports and extra-curricular activities are cancelled as well. The school district will continue to monitor Hurricane Dorian and make a decision about Thursday operations by 7 p.m. on Wednesday.
We will make up any and all missed days on November 25 and 26, and April 6 and 7, in that order depending on how many days are missed. As a courtesy for planning these potential make-up days have been communicated to employees and parents since January 2019, and again at the beginning of this school year.
Our priority is the safety of our students. While Hurricane Dorian is a difficult storm to predict, our decision to close on Wednesday was reached after thorough input from Bulloch County Emergency Management and the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office. Please remain alert and monitor the school district’s communications for the latest and most accurate information.”
Bulloch Academy will have a half day on Wednesday, September 4. Dismissal as follows: PreK at 12pm; K-2nd at 12:15pm; 3rd-12th at 12:30pm. All after school activities and athletic practices have been canceled as well.
Trinity Christian will dismiss classes Wednesday, September 4 at 12pm. All after school activities have been canceled as well.
First Baptist Church Statesboro, First United Methodist Church, and Friendship Baptist Church will not have their Wednesday night activities on Wednesday, September 4.
Pineland Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities is open in all of our sites across the 8-county area.
List of School Closures:
- Smiles, Giggles, and Hugs Learning Center will be closed Wednesday, September 4th.
- ACTS (Area Christians Together in Service) will be closed Wednesday, September 4th.
- Bible Baptist Christian Academy will be closed Wednesday, September4.
- Pittman Park Educational Center will be closed Wednesday, September 4.
- Kidovations Educational Experience will be closed Wednesday, September 4.
- Tiny Treasures Learning Academy will be closed Wednesday, September 4.
- Kids World Learning Center will be closed Wednesday, September 4.
- Bulloch County Schools will be closed Wednesday, September 4.
- Statesboro First United Methodist Preschool will be closed Wednesday, September 4.
- First Baptist Church Preschool will be closed Wednesday, September 4.
- Pinewood Christian School will be closed Wednesday, September 4.
- Ogeechee Technical College will be closed Tuesday, September 3 and Wednesday, September 4.
- Georgia Southern University – Armstrong, Statesboro, and Liberty campuses – will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday, and closures have been extended through Thursday, September 5.
- East Georgia State College’s Statesboro location as well as classes held at GSU are cancelled Tuesday and Wednesday. Swainsboro and Augusta to remain as usual.
- Most Statesboro Hotels are SOLD OUT for Wednesday and Thursday nights. To view all hotel availability, click here.
- You can also find housing through AirBnB – click here to find out more.
- Atlanta Motor Speedway is open to evacuees as well – more info here.
- Bulloch County is ready to assist those in the path of Hurricane Dorian! The Bulloch County Agricultural Complex will be accepting evacuees! The facility has 218 stalls available as well as 54 campsites with 30 & 50 amp power and water. The facility can also accommodate an additional 100 trucks with trailers without hookups.
Links to Read:
If you have a closure or update to announce or have added to the website, please email Mandy Edwards to let us know.