The VOAD is made up of a group of community leaders and volunteers, coming together to help our fellow neighbors.
If you would like to volunteer, here are a list of areas you can volunteer, along with the point-person over that area.
- Food Provisioning (John Long & Don Poe): Responsibility for all issues involving food (survivors / volunteers). Other volunteers will report to this position.
- Shelters (Susan Allen): Responsibility for providing shelters (survivors / out of state volunteers). Other volunteers will report to this position.
- Volunteer Vetting (Rev. Jimmy Cason): Professionally investigating volunteers to ensure they are suitable for certain volunteer positions.
- Public Information Sharing (Justin Samples): Provide information to the public
- Web/Social Media Resource & Information Sharing (Mandy Edwards): Create and update web resources
- Donation Collections (Hugh & Chris Yaughn): Responsible for all donations management.
- Volunteer Hours Record Keeper: Responsible for maintaining volunteer hours
Long Term Recovery Committee Volunteer Positions
- Coordinator (Matthew White): Oversees and manages the completion of Long Term Recovery Tasks
- Case Worker : Performs case worker functions of disaster survivors assigned to them
 Caseworkers are typically trained and might obtain training through an agency that is part of the state organization of Voluntary Agencies Active in a Disaster (VOAD).