Here is today’s morning report on Hurricane Irma…
From Ted Wynn, Bulloch County Public Safety/EMA/HS –
Irma 5am Friday
Track Shifts a Little More Westerly
We are still in the cone of uncertainty with Irma, so don’t let your guard down. If you contrast the 5pm Thursday with the new 5am Friday track you will see the shift. Irma is still a cat 4 storm and is expected to impact the entire state of Florida as it makes it’s way into Georgia. Florida may weaken the storm but due to its size as it comes into Georgia we could see strong winds, perhaps nearing a cat 1 storm, but de…finitely tropical storm force. The westerly shift puts us on the eastern side of Irma which makes heavy rains and tornados a possibility.
Continue to be vigilant with preparations for Irma. Stay tuned to your weather sources.
The National Hurricane Center 5am Update…
UPDATED LIST OF LOCAL CLOSINGS (that we have been notified of):
- Statesboro Plastic Surgery will be closed Monday, Sept. 11
- Sea Island Bank will be closed on Saturday, Sept. 9 and Monday, Sept. 11. They will have regular banking hours Friday, Sept. 8
- Bible Baptist Christian Academy will be closed Friday, Sept. 8 – Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Kids World Learning Center Campus will be closed Friday, Sept. 8 – Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Bulloch Academy will be closed Monday, Sept. 11 and Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Bulloch County Schools will be closed Friday, Sept. 8 – Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Optim Healthcare Statesboro will be closed Monday, Sept. 11 & Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Smiles, Giggles, and Hugs daycare will be closed Friday, Sept. 8 – Tuesday, Sept. 12
- All court for the Ogeechee Judicial Circuit has been cancelled for Sept. 11-15. Please contact the court’s office for more information.
- St. Matthew’s Religious Education Class Cancelled for Sunday. Mass and Donuts are still on.
- Georgia Southern University will be closed Friday, Sept. 8 – Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Ogeechee Technical College will be closed Monday, Sept. 11 and Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Jury Selection on Tuesday, Sept. 12 has been cancelled