After times of disaster, many will turn to their generators to keep things powered up. Here are some great safety tips from Consumer Reports on using a generator.
- Never run a generator in an enclosed space or indoors.
- Don’t run a portable generator in the rain.
- Before refueling, turn off a gasoline-powered generator and let it cool.
- Stock up on extra gasoline and store it properly.
- Avoid electrical hazards.
- Install a transfer switch before the next storm.
- Don’t attempt to backfeed your house.