Don’t Wait. Communicate about Hurricane Safety.
· Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
· Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
· Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
· Check your insurance coverage. Damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
· Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
· Listen to local officials.
· Download the Ready Georgia app to get weather alerts straight to your phone.