Here is the 9:30pm Power Outage update. Please remember to stay inside and stay safe.
The curfew is still in effect until tomorrow morning, and here an update from the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office:
“ORDER TO TERMINATE CURFEW: Sheriff Brown has been out in the county surveying the storm damage since mid-afternoon. After conferring with other Public Safety personnel, utility workers, and road crews, Sheriff Brown has ordered that the curfew with be terminated Tuesday morning 9/12/17 at 6:00 AM. His decision is based on the number of power lines down, trees that are continuing to fall over the roadways and the amount of work to be done throughout the night by utility companies and road crews. This decision is for the safety of our citizens and the crews that will be working throughout the night. Sheriff Brown knows this has been an inconvenience to citizens and he very much appreciates the citizens who have respected this curfew. Sheriff Brown also knows that there are those who have refused to abide by the curfew, will continue to do so, and have displayed their displeasure on social media. His message to those individuals: We will include them in our prayers anyway. Be forewarned that Deputies will be out in force tonight and as we have stated from the beginning, we will take necessary action with those who refuse to cooperate.”
As of 9:30pm:
Georgia Power Outages: 5,733
EMC Outages: 5,269
DO NOT CALL 911 for power outages, that is only for emergencies. If you need assistance and it is non-life threatening, call Bulloch EMA at 912.489.1661.
Updated List of Local Closings:
- Bulloch County offices will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Mama Doc Pediatrics will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Statesboro VA Clinic will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Wall Orthodontics will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Statesboro-Bulloch County Library will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- The Boys and Girls Club of Bulloch County will be closed through Tuesday, Sept. 12 and will follow the same schedule as Bulloch County Schools.
- Bulloch Pediatrics will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Statesboro City Hall will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- First Baptist Church Preschool will be closed Friday, Sept. 8 through Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Statesboro School of Dance classes are cancelled for Monday, Sept. 11 and Tuesday, Sept. 12. Classes will resume when Bulloch County Schools resume.
- Statesboro Children’s Dental will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Bible Baptist Christian Academy will be closed Friday, Sept. 8 – Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Kids World Learning Center Campus will be closed Friday, Sept. 8 – Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Bulloch Academy will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Bulloch County Schools will be closed Friday, Sept. 8 – Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Optim Healthcare Statesboro will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Georgia Southern University will be closed Friday, Sept. 8 – Wednesday, Sept. 13
- Ogeechee Technical College will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Jury Selection on Tuesday, Sept. 12 has been cancelled
List will be updated as we are notified of closings.
*This is the last update for the evening. We will update power outages again tomorrow (9/12) morning.