MEDICAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Georgia Responds: Health and medical volunteer program which matches the skills and credentials of medical and nonmedical volunteers to help stop spread of COVID-19.
TO UPDATE YOUR BUSINESS’ OPERATIONS, HOURS, AND INFORMATION DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AT YOUR BUSINESS HERE.
This form is hosted by the Statesboro-Bulloch Chamber of Commerce and is FREE for all to use. You do not have to be a member of the Chamber to send information updates through this link.
Dr. Ruthie Crider stresses the number one way we can help support our health care providers is to STAY HEALTHY! Listen to important tips to help keep COVID-19 Away. One minute long.
Dr. Ruthie Crider walks you through the steps of what do do if you think you have COVID-19. One minute, 26 seconds long.
Dr. Ruthie Crider, EGRMC ER physician answers questions and explains when we should go to the ER. Please share this informative interview with your friends, family and neighbors. 20 minutes Long
Click Here for Georgia Department of Public Health COVID-19 Daily Status Report (updated at noon and 7 PM)
East Georgia Regional Medical Center Updates
- NO VISITORS ALLOWED CLICK LINK FOR Latest Updates from EGRMC.
Since the collection site opened in Statesboro there is a lot of confusion regarding how to get tested. The only way you can get a test is with a doctors order at the Statesboro location or through a commercial lab. DPH is asking for you to call the doctors office first or the State Hotline (844) 442-2681 to see if you meet the criteria for testing. Currently testing is being prioritized for those who SYMPTOMATIC and have a higher risk for COVID-19 such as people over the age of 60 and those with chronic health conditions such as heart and lung disease, hypertension and diabetes. Additionally, healthcare workers, first responders, law enforcement and others who come in contact every day with people who may be infected but are well and do not unknowingly spread COVID-19 to others.
DO NOT WALK INTO A DOCTORS OFFICE OR ER IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS CALL YOUR DOCTORS OFFICE FIRST.
UNINSURED PATIENTS WITH NO DOCTOR SHOULD CALL YOUR Federal Qualified Healthcare Center which is EAST GEORGIA HEALTH CENTER at 912-764-9196 - or HEARTS AND HANDS CLINIC at 912-681-9519 - 9 am - 4 pm, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 9 am - noon, Wednesday and Friday.
Statesboro Doctors offices are reporting very limited testing supplies in their office and a long and difficult process to get you tested at the drive up collection center.
Augusta University Doctors Resources for Anyone
- Phone Triage Number 706-721-1852
- Virtual Screening: www.augustahealth.org/COVID19
- University Hospital Triage Number: 706-828-2477 8 AM - 4:30 PM
- Virtual Screening: UHMYChart.org
- Doctors Hospital Triage: 706-651-4343
FREE MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year Or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- Billy Graham Rapid Response Crisis Intervention Hotline: 877-247-2426, 8 AM - 10 PM Monday-Saturday
- DONATE BLOOD - APRIL 17, Honey Bowen Building
- Fuel the Fight - Gift Cards for Heroes - Purchase gift cards for Health Care Workers and Others on the Front Line and Support Local Businesses
- Christian Social Ministries, 122 East Parish Street, Statesboro - a faith based ministry that strives to meet the worldly needs of the less fortunate as well as sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. Providing Food and Utility Assistance. Make a contribution now by donating here.
- Choices of the Heart, 425 East Grady Street are low on sizes 4 and 6. They are accepting these and all sized diapers, formula and wipes.
- Statesboro YMCA - Sponsor childcare for Healthcare or Public Safety workers $30 one child for one day - $150 one child for a week
Health Care and Public Safety Employee Resources
- City of David, 222 Institute Street, Second Harvest Food Drop, Monday April 6th, 10:30 AM till food runs out
- Bulloch County Schools will be delivering breakfast and lunch bagged meals to drop points throughout the county weekdays. Click here for details and drop locations.
- Christian Social Ministries (CSM), 31 North Zetterower Avenue food distribution Mondays 10 AM to 4 PM
- CrossRoads Community Church - 23923 US Hwy 80 East - Statesboro, GA (Next to Lowe's) Soup Kitchen Thursday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (Next to Lowe's) Pickup and Delivery Available
- Statesboro First United Methodist Church 101 South Main offers a public Soup Kitchen Saturdays from 12:00 N-1:00 PM - Pickup Only at rear of Church
- Compassion Christian Church, 831 Cawana Drive - Saturday, March 28th, 9 AM - 11 AM
- Compassion Christian Church, 831 Cawana Drive - Saturdays, 9 AM - 11 AM
- Eastern Heights Church, 23805 Hwy 80 East, 2nd Saturday, 9 AM - 11 AM
- Statesboro Food Bank, 400 Donnie Simmons Way, If anyone needs food or knows someone, especially elderly call 912-489-3663 between 11 am - 3 pm and schedule a pickup of food. Open Monday - Friday, 2 PM - 4 PM - FOR REFERRAL FROM DFACS
- Friendship Baptist Church, 4025 Friendship Church Road, Wednesday, 1 PM - 3 PM
FREE FORMULA, DIAPERS AND WIPES
- Statesboro Farmers Market2Go offers nearly 500 items from local farmers and businesses from Fruit, veggies, meat, eggs, dairy, household products, casseroles & so much more! Order and pay here and schedule a delivery or pickup.
- Ellis Meats reduced store hours 9 AM to 6 PM Monday thru Saturday
- Bi-Lo reduced store hours 8 AM to 8 PM - Special shopping hour dedicated to seniors and high-risk
customers from 8 – 9 a.m., Monday through Friday - 8 pm - 9 pm health care and first responders - Monday and Tuesday - also expeditiously hiring individuals who have been affected by restricted working hours and layoffs
- Wal-Mart Order ONLINE pick up at Store with little contact. Reduced store hours 7 AM to 8:30 PM - Over 60 one hour shopping Every Tuesday from 6 AM to 7 AM including Pharmacies and Vision Centers. LIMITS FOR ALL CUSTOMERS in certain categories including paper products, milk, eggs, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, water, diapers, wipes, formula and baby food.
- Aldi reduced store hours 9 AM to 7 PM - Order online and get free in home delivery with first three orders of $35
- Food World (both locations) reduced hours, 7 am -9 pm daily. First hour is for our elderly, age 60+ and anyone with any underlying conditions.
- CORE Credit Union drive-through only
- Synovus drive-through and appointment-only in bank
- Bulloch First drive-through only and appointment only in bank
- Mortgage Payments: Homeowners, depending on their situation, should be eligible to have their mortgage payments reduced or suspended for up to 12 months. Federal regulators, through the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are ordering lenders to offer homeowners flexibility. Under the plan, people who have suffered a loss of income can qualify to make reduced payments or be granted a complete pause in payments.
- Student Loans: All federally held loans will automatically have an interest rate set to 0% for at least 60 days. Call/email your lender and request an administrative forbearance due to COVID-19. This will allow borrowers to temporarily stop their payments without worrying about accruing interest.
FREE DRIVE UP WI-FI HOT SPOTS Made possible by Blue Mile Foundation, Bulloch Solutions and Northland Click Here
Bulloch Schools/Colleges COVID-19 Updates
- Bulloch County Schools
- Bulloch Academy
- Trinity Christian School
- Georgia Southern University
- Ogeechee Technical College
- East Georgia State College
Salvation Army provides rent and utility assistance. Call United Way of the Coastal Empire at 912-651-7730 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are every other Thursday via telephone, next available appointment is April 9th
- Georgia Power is suspending residential disconnections through April 10th
- EMC is suspending residential disconnections through March 30th.
- The City of Statesboro is suspending water and gas residential disconnections through March 29th
Business Owners Assistance
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resources
- Small Business Disaster Loan Information (COVID-19 is eligible) - All counties are eligible!
- EIDL Loan application: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/ (If a small business applied more than 2 days ago, have them re-apply to be considered for the $10k, they will not lose their place in line for EIDL). Deadline is December 18th, 2020. As of 3/23, deferments through December 31, 2020 will be automatic to help borrowers from previous disasters. New EIDL loans can be granted payment deferments up to one year.
- SBA Express Bridge Loan: Please contact an SBA lender to see if they are participating in this program. Any SBA Express lender can originate and fund these loans.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): loans up to $10M, 2year term @0.5% interest, available through June 30, 2020, SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for eight weeks (after disbursement) and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities. The loan will be fully forgiven if the funds are used for payroll costs, interest on mortgages, rent, and utilities (due to likely high subscription, at least 75% of the forgiven amount must have been used for payroll). Loan payments will also be deferred for six months. No collateral or personal guarantees are required. Neither the government nor lenders will charge small businesses any fees.
- IRS - Coronavirus Relief
- Individual and Corporate Tax payment deadlines extended to July 15th
Employee and Individual Resources
- IRS - Stimulous Payment Checks
- Resources for Restaurant Workers
- Georgia Rent Assistance
- Georgia Utility Assistance
- Georgia Medical Assistance
- GUIDANCE ON THE ESSENTIAL CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE WORKFORCE
- The Georgia Food Stamp Program (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), is a federally-funded program that provides monthly benefits to low-income households to help pay for the cost of food. Apply Here
- Click Here to File For Georgia Unemployment
EMPLOYMENT: Georgia Employment Resources: www.EmployGeorgia.com
Faith-Based and Nonprofit Leader Resources:
- CDC Guidance for Nonprofit Leaders and Resources
- FLVOAD Guidance for Nonprofits and Volunteers - Adapted for Georgia
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Resources for Churches and Individuals
- Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning: www.qualityrated.org or call 1-877-ALL-GA-KIDS.
- YMCA Statesboro: Public Safety and Healthcare critical staff childcare - $30 per day must register child by 12 noon for the following day. (912) 225-1962
Public Offices COVID-19 UPDATES
- CITY OF STATESBORO
- BULLOCH COUNTY
- Statesboro Regional Library
- Bulloch County Recreation
- Statesboro-Bulloch Chamber of Commerce
- Visit Statesboro
Links to Read:
The Bulloch County VOAD (Volunteer Organization Active in Disaster) came out of the local post-Hurricane Matthew disaster efforts in the fall of 2016. Local community leaders came together to work on local disaster relief efforts if something were to happen again. It takes a village and these community leaders give time and energy to make sure the citizens of Bulloch County are taken care of and provided the resources in time of disaster.
How to Get Involved...
If you would like to volunteer in times of need and during disaster relief efforts, please let us know by contacting us.